Richard Lubicky, CEO of Real People Search stated that Instagram reels are entertaining, immersive videos where you can creatively express your brand story, educate your audience and get discovered by people who may love your business. Check here reels to participate in cultural trends, collaborate with the community and discover new ideas.
TikTok was quite famous for years, but then its future seemed uncertain, so Instagram released a new feature called Instagram Reels. Instagram Reels allow users to create and watch short videos on Instagram.
When Instagram reels were launched, they became famous and successful because of innovation. Because TikTok only has video options, Instagram is a complete social media platform with picture posting, video posting, story sharing, messaging, and reel sharing.
What are Instagram Reels?
Instagram Reels is a feature that allows users to create and share short videos with the public or a small group of people. Video cannot be shorter than 15 seconds or longer than 30 seconds. You can add filters, songs, audio, effects, and different writings on your reels to spread faster.
You do not have to keep more than one application on your phone now. You can watch Instagram reels to fulfill the need of TikTok as well. Instagram Reels completely resemble TikTok in video type and content. Your Instagram Reels will reach more eyes if you create something exciting and engaging using the Instagram tool.
What are the types of Instagram Reels?
We can divide Instagram Reels into three distinct types depending on their content:
Informative Reels are normally a motive to spread awareness about some natural rule or process or present new market trends. You can present information by writing or presenting it in a video, but a video presentation is far better as it gains a larger audience. Some also use animated videos to spread awareness about natural phenomena or some basic rules of science. For example, presenting the process of digestion by animated video is more explanatory.
Most of the users use Instagram Reels just to spread happiness and entertainment in society. It could be anything such as a short dance video, a funny dialogue, performing a trending challenge, or a funny skit to amuse others.
Remix Reels are another best way to present your content. You can perform competitions to amuse other people. You can perform trending challenges side-by-side for the analysis. Remix Reels is the branched type of Informative Entertainment. But remix reels are so trending these days that we cannot forget them.
How to create Instagram Reels?
The following is the step-by-step guide to creating an Instagram reel on your account. The following procedure will make it super easy for you to create any reel in the future:
- Click the ‘+’ sign on the bottom center of your screen OR click the “Your Story” button
- Choose the Reels from the bottom menu
- An Additional menu will appear on the left side of the screen including features such as Audio, Length of video, speed of the video, effects, etc. You can add these features to your reel to make it more attractive.
- Tap on the reel to record the reel. You can record the reel by three methods as
- Tap and hold the reel button to record the reel. Releasing the button will end the recording
- Tap the record button once to start recording and tapping the button again will stop recording.
- Set the timer to start and stop the recording. You can set the timer between 15 seconds to 90 seconds (about 1 and a half minutes).
- Always remember to preview the video before presenting it on your feed. You can also edit the video while previewing it.
- Write captions and hashtags related to your video. Hashtags are especially important; they help your audience discover your audio.
If you have a public account, then your reel will be shared in the reel section as well as your feed. Anyone can watch, like, comment, or share your reel. But if you have a private account, only your followers will be able to watch or like it.
How to Delete an Instagram Reel?
Once you post an Instagram Reel, you can also delete it at any time. You can delete your Instagram Reel by following such steps:
- Go to your Instagram profile
- Tap the reels option and open the reel you want to delete
- Click the three dots button at the bottom and tap delete to delete the Instagram reel permanently
How to watch Instagram Reels?
There are several ways to watch Instagram reels on Instagram. The following are the few best ways to watch Instagram Reels.
Instagram introduced the main hub of the reel in the Instagram App. Click the Instagram Reels tab to watch Reels continuously without breaks.
While scrolling on your Instagram feed, you often see Instagram reels in front. You can enjoy watching reels on your feed, and if you click on the reel, it will take you to the reels tab as well.
Another wonderful way of watching Instagram Reels is to explore the tab. Click the explore tab and you will see all kinds of content such as pictures, videos, and reels. You can watch more reels by scrolling in Explore Tab.
You can search hashtags, and it will present to you the different content including reels. You can search for different hashtags, and you will see all the posts related to hashtags.
While scrolling the feed, you will see the suggested reel. These reels are not from your watching interests but can make you interested.
Why do brands use Instagram Reels?
Brands use Instagram Reels to advertise their products. It is quite easy for brands and companies to present their products and services on social media platforms. The following are some benefits:
- Attract Viewers
- Cost-effective Marketing
- More Chances of Re-sharing
- Present your content in video mode
- Reels are an interesting way to spread awareness of your product.
What should be best while creating Instagram Reels?
You must keep in mind and focus on these points while creating Instagram Reels:
- Avoid Blurry Videos
- Do not post videos with a watermark
- Do not upload videos with borders and a lot of text on them
- Do not violate Instagram Community Guidelines
- Share Authentic and original content
- Create a funny or amazing video to make it famous
- Use relevant hashtags on your reel
Instagram Reels are the best way to present a whole story in a short video. In this article, we have presented all the important points regarding Instagram Reels. Hope you get answers to all your questions.