Coconut oil has been dubbed as a superfood by many specialists as it has multiple different usages across industries. Not to mention that coconut has garnered a lot of attention for its linkage with possible health benefits. Coconut oil for dry eyes has been one of the major elements in the cosmetic realm.
The oil is normally pressed and expelled from the fruit of the coconut palm tree. It has high concentrations of small-chain fatty acids that are responsible for reducing inflammation as well as improving circulation. Furthermore, coconut oil also has antioxidant and skin-strengthening qualities.
The unique combination of elements found in the oil has led many to believe, and even suggest that it can be liberally used as a treatment for dark circles under the eyes.
How Do Dark Circles Happen?
When one age, their skin becomes thinner. This is one procedure that is responsible for causing dark circles. What happens is that it makes the blood vessels beneath the eyes more visible. Apart from that, probable reasons why dark circles happen are,
- Lack of sleep
- Certain medications
How To Use Coconut Oil For Dark Circles?
If you are considering coconut oil as a treatment for dark circles, ensure that you hey cold-pressed, virgin coconut oil.
- Wash your face and rub off any makeup or pollutant substances from the face.
- Now, massage the face with a teaspoon of room-temperature coconut oil into the area underneath your eyes. You need to massage it for 30 seconds under each eye.
- Let your eye absorb the coconut oil into the skin.
Make sure that you do this every night before heading to bed.
Coconut Oil For Dry Eyes:
Dry eyes can happen due to lifestyle choices that one makes throughout their life. Long hours of screen time, commuting through open transportation, exposure to smoke or dry air, and excessive usage of contact lenses are some of the reasons why dry eyes take place. Other factors include allergies and aging. Dry eyes are considered to be uncomfortable as it causes blurry vision, burning sensation in the eyes, redness, and itchiness. Therefore, normal tear production is significant for properly lubricating and moisturizing the eyes.
Causes Of Dry Eyes:
- Starting at the screen, be it TV, phone, or computer, for a long time.
- Medications, including diuretics, antihistamines, and antidepressants cause a reduction in tears production.
- Aging is another factor that generates eye dryness.
- Vitamin A deficiency is another cause of eye dryness.
- Wind exposure and dehydration cause dryness in the eye as well.
Using Coconut Oil For Dry Eyes:
Normally coconut oil contains capric acid, lauric acid, and caprylic acid. These elements have antimicrobial, antifungal, antioxidant, and antibacterial properties. Thus, coconut oil can be readily used as a natural remedy for the lubrication of dry eyes.
Virgin coconut oil is beneficial in curing the dryness of the eyes. As it has anti-inflammatory properties, it will help in maintaining the reduction of tears.
You just choose virgin coconut oil for dry eyes. Moreover, to properly and effectively utilize it, you may use a dropper to drop two or three drops of oils into the affected eyes. After you drop it, close your eyes, roll it for a bit and then open it. This procedure allows the oil to be distributed to every corner of the eyes.
Reasons You Should Use Coconut Oil For Your Eyes
There are several benefits of coconut oil for your eyes, let’s find out.
- Coconut oils are beneficial for healing and hydrating the skin around the eyes. So, apply directly to the skin and let it absorb. As it has antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties, the oil will heal, repair and tighten the skin.
- Coconut oil can be used for pink eyes as well. Pink eyes are mostly known to us as conjunctivitis as it is a contagious eye illness that affects people of any age. Coconut oil has antiviral and antibacterial elements, it can cure pink eye. It also includes vitamins and minerals.
- Coconut oil can be used to hydrate the skin as it aids in collagen formation and stimulates cell generations as well. With that being said, it will successfully reduce wrinkles and fine lines. Normally wrinkles are visible on the skin of the face. That is why it is preferable to use something safe. Coconut oil fits the bill as it helps diminish wrinkles naturally. Coconut oil tends to fight free radicals and it minimizes wrinkles and improves the clarity of your skin. Moreover, it hydrates and calms your skin as well.
- Eczema, which we also know as contact dermatitis is normally a skin disorder that is characterized by redness, irritation, and scaly areas. This disorder may appear and disappear over time. The symptoms will frequently appear in youngsters under the age of five. Since coconut oil has lauric acid, it will assist in minimizing the build-up of germs, viruses ajd fungus.
Coconut oil is considered to be miraculous for those who are suffering from multiple skin issues around the eyes. With only a drop of coconut oil, now you can make a change.
FOLLOW THE BLOG SWIRE FOR THE LATEST UPDATES!